Stephen King - Lisey's Story

 
    I'd give this one 3.5 out of 5 only because I wasn't able to properly get into it until well after the first chapter. 
     Lisey is the widow of a well renowned author, Scott, who has passed away a couple years prior to the start of the book.  Only now is she getting around to cleaning out his 'clubhouse'/'mancave'.  In it are all of his unfinished and finished manuscripts as well as memories - lots and lots of memories for Lisey that haunt her mind and her every move.  Throw in some family issues and Lisey practically reliving her every memory with Scott and you have this book.  There's another twist in the book, but I'll let you read it and enjoy.  Now, only when I was halfway through with the book did I start getting used to his style and the wording he used when the characters were interacting with each other.  It made me consider reading more King, because I kind of like the way the accent of the character sounded crystal clear in my mind.  By the end of the book, I found myself thinking Lisey was pretty badass for an older woman and could definitely hold her own.  Worth a read and will have you thinking about other dimensions for a long time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Brunette Book Babe

heatherhoolala@gmail.com