Roald Dahl - Kiss Kiss


     I think I really expected more from this book because I loved Dahl's books when I was young.  I think my mistake was comparing this author to more renowned horror or twisted authors that I've read lately - and Dahl isn't like that, he has a writing style all his own, and there isn't much horror going on with it.
     This book was an anthology of weird stories ranging from a strange woman taxidermist that might stuff humans to a man who might be half bee/half human.  It's not that I didn't enjoy the content in this book, I just was expecting something different altogether and was not pleasantly surprised.  Most of the stories were not page turners for me, and I had to will myself not to skip onto the next one out of boredom.  I had another Dahl non-children book on my 'to-read' list and this book caused me to delete it and move on to other things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Brunette Book Babe

heatherhoolala@gmail.com