Joe Hill - Heart Shaped Box

     A well-known and famous rock musician loves to acquire new and unusual things, so when his assistant finds a ghost for sale on the internet, of course he wants to buy it.  After the heart-shaped box arrives with a suit inside, things go downhill.
     This book is, of course, one of my favorite genres of book - horror.  The main character is tangled in something sinister that the reader thinks he's brought on himself.  There are several twists in the book, most of which you can see coming, but that didn't retract from the overall creepiness of the book.
     The ending leaves just a bit to be desired though, and I won't put a spoiler here, but I just didn't understand the way it ended.  I'm not one for happy endings, and it seemed just a bit too unrealistic. You're being chased by a ghost, and everything in the possible world has gone wrong - yet there's this rainbow and basket of kittens at the end?  Eh, to each their own - maybe I'm just too much of a cynic.  My rating- 3/5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Brunette Book Babe

heatherhoolala@gmail.com