The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

I've come to realize that I absolutely love reading a book and then watching the characters come to life after they make the movie.  I've also come to realize not to expect much out of a movie made from a book, because our imaginations are vastly different (usually) than what filmmakers can feasibly come up with when it comes to the movie.  In the past I've been disappointed after reading a novel and then watching a movie; somehow the movie never quite measures up to what went on in my head.

I digress.

I chose this book because it's going to be made into a movie, or it was just recently.  I'm going to hold off on watching it, if I can, until I read the entire trilogy.  This book is a YA book, so it was an extremely easy read.  I also feel the novel is geared more toward women and/or young girls.  That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and am eager to pick up the next book in the series to see what happens!

The book takes place after an alien invasion.  The setting is post apocalyptic, although there are more survivors (it seems) than most of the post apocalyptic stories out there.  The extraterrestrial beings are sweeping the human species away in 'waves'.  The first wave was completely cutting off power, communication, engines, electrical impulses, cell phones, etc. I won't spoil any of the other waves in this review. You start the book reading through the eyes of a female character, but the reading often shifts from one character to another.  The chapters are short and easy to work with when you only have a few minutes to read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Brunette Book Babe

heatherhoolala@gmail.com