Emily Giffin - Baby Proof


  Emily Giffin is an author that I came across about 8 years ago, and every book she's released since then I've read.  I find her style of writing easily relates to normal people with normal people issues.  My favorite book of hers was 'Something Borrowed' and the movie hardly did it any justice at all.  Anyways, someone told me that I need to start writing the rating of the book at the very beginning of the blog post so people don't have to skim through all my rambling to get to it.  So that's why it's up there now!
     This book is about a couple who had formally agreed not to have children before they ventured into any type of serious relationship.  Needless to say, one of them decides to change their mind and want kids during the marriage, and the significant other isn't happy about that decision.  This creates turbulence and mishap and threads it with the emotional stuff that you find in every breakup.  Some people may feel that the ending wasn't as satisfying as it could have been, and I get that - but I feel like it was perfect in its own way.  I'm a sucker for a good romantic book, though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Brunette Book Babe

heatherhoolala@gmail.com