John Green - Looking For Alaska


     I went back and forth from 3 stars to 4 stars quite a bit with this book, so I'd say I'll give it a solid 3.5.  It was hard for me to pinpoint if I really liked this book or if I didn't.
     In a nutshell, a boy in high school ventures off to a boarding school where his father graduated from to finish out his high school years.  While there, he meets a handful of quirky friends who show him the ropes and embrace him into their circle.  He also meets Alaska, a beautiful girl he ends up falling in love with.  Again, I hate spoilers when I'm reading any review and I'll refrain from giving anything away, but I'd say that the culmination up to the point of climax was a bit boring in my opinion.  It might not be boring for a young adult though, and this book is geared more towards that audience.  Everything should have been downhill from the climax of the book, but it seemed to get better after that where the main character sort of 'discovers' himself.  Anyway, not a bad read, didn't take long at all and was easily understood.  I'd definitely recommend this book to any teen, however, as an adult it wasn't as good as the book of this genre I recently reviewed. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Brunette Book Babe

heatherhoolala@gmail.com