George R. R. Martin - A Dance with Dragons


     Let me just preface this, that this book took me almost a year to read!  I was busy with school and other stuff, and the book didn't command my attention as much as I would have wanted it to.  That being said - I'm so glad I got through it!  
     Book four of this series was difficult to navigate.  This one proved about the same, but this time the chapters were characters I was interested in.  I won't give out any spoilers in this review, but just know that if you're following the television series, this book pretty much ends where the series ended in 2015.  I'm not sure what they're going to do now that Martin hasn't released anything else, so I'm looking forward to what the television series has to offer come the new season.
     Now, more about the book.  Martin is meticulous in his settings, character backgrounds, and theme.  He delivers a story unlike any I've ever read, and I find myself always wanting to read the next chapter, if only to get to the character chapter that I like.  I rate this book four stars, because of the amount of time it took me to actually get into the book, otherwise it would have gotten the full five.  I enjoyed this, and am looking forward to purchasing the next one when it comes out.  I just hope it doesn't take as long to read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Brunette Book Babe

heatherhoolala@gmail.com